[BREAKING NEWS] Lagos State Government Suspends Planned Reopenning Of Worship Centres

– Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has canceled the planned reopening of places of worship in Lagos State.

– This is due to the increase of newly confirmed cases of the Nobel COVID-19 ravaging the state.

The governor had announced two weeks ago that mosques are allowed to reopen on June 19, 2020, while churches are allowed to reopen on June 21.

CHECK OUT THIS::  [ANTICIPATE] Unusual Side Of Muyiwa Revealed! Gets Grimey With Guvna B On New Single - "Alade Wura"

The decision was one in a list of measures relaxed after the state had been on lockdown from late March until early May to combat the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19).

However, the governor announced again on Tuesday, June 16 that the reopening plan for places of worship has been suspended due to the rising number of new cases recorded in the state.

“We’ve critically had to have a thorough review of where we are as a state and our review indicated that we needed to suspend that attempt quickly,” Sanwo-Olu said during Tuesday’s media briefing.

CHECK OUT THIS::  Jimmy D Psalmist Releases "Mighty Man Of War" Album | Available Online | @jimmydpsalmist

The governor said new dates will be communicated later to the public as the situation develops.

Lagos is the epicenter of the highly infectious disease in Nigeria with 7,319 cases, 43.9% of the country’s total of 16,658.

WOULD YOU LIKE TO REACH MILLIONS OF AUDIENCE AS AN ARTISTE WITH OUR AMAZING PROMOTIONAL SERVICES? CALL/WHATSAPP: +2348135344573.

About The Author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.